Increasingly, independent school leaders understand they need sound market information and perspective to remain competitive and financially sound. They recognize that, far from a luxury, market intelligence is imperative to strengthen their school's position, meet enrollment objectives, improve fundraising efforts, and implement effective financial aid programs. Now, as independent schools face even greater market challenges, strategic planning that draws on reliable market intelligence is even more critical.
Art & Science has worked with a wide range of independent day and boarding schools across the country, applying to schools' particular strategic and marketing challenges the innovative research methods and expertise gained through our two decades of work for colleges, universities, and professional schools.
Our work for independent schools includes:
- Robust market research with prospective families and in-depth interviews with counselors, feeder school heads, employers, and others who influence school choice.
- Collaboration with school leaders to gain board and community input and buy-in crucial to major strategic decisions.
- Advice about the development of distinctive academic and
co-curricularprograms that set schools apart from their competitors and meet the needs of prospective families.
- Analysis of geo-demographic and other market data to identify strong existing and potential new markets of promise.
- Communications, admissions, and development operations assessments.