Art & Science Group, a consulting firm specializing in higher education strategy and market research, seeks an analytical and organized individual to join the firm as a research assistant. Qualified candidates must flourish in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. This is a full-time position located in our Baltimore, Maryland, office and travel is unlikely to be required.
The person in this role will be an integral member of the research team assisting with its project-related tasks and responsibilities, which will increase over time. In addition, this position provides an opportunity for collaborative work within the research department and others within the company, including the principals, managing associates and client relations team members. Specific responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and editing survey questionnaires and other research-related documents
- Reviewing raw statistical data
- Entering data into Excel and checking for accuracy
- Creating charts and graphs in Excel
- Drafting presentations in PowerPoint
- Reviewing final presentations
- Completing ad-hoc research projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, psychology or related field with a focus in market research or social research methodologies
- Moderate level of proficiency with MS Office programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Works in a reliable and accurate manner
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to join a fast-paced environment where your efforts will have a direct impact
- Strong interpersonal skills
Additional valuable skills include:
- Interest in education sector
- Prior research and statistical experience
- Knowledge of SPSS
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Research Assistant” as the subject. No phone calls please.
Art & Science Group values a diverse workplace and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
About Art & Science Group
Art & Science Group offers market-informed strategy to higher education, independent schools and the non-profit sector. Since our founding in 1994, we have provided our clients with strategic market research and recommendations, built on a foundation of both creative thinking and empirical rigor — art and science. We work in a variety of arenas, leveraging a foundation of market data, analysis and inventive ideas, to guide and advance our institution’s strategic interests and critical investments. Our firm is dedicated to helping each institution position itself in ways that positively affect the decisions of its key constituents — whether to apply, matriculate, give and so on — in an institution’s favor. We provide a customized and collaborative approach for each client, with recommendations rooted in sophisticated research and thorough analysis. Our experienced consultants and researchers produce the highest quality findings and recommendations on the market.